Thursday 5 April 2007

TINY DANCERS + support SLOWCLUB and BOBBY COOK

The night of the Tiny Dancers. What a way to kick off my voyage into the wonders of ICA music land. It was musical, happy, exciting, and even while trying to remember to switch my camera on, get interviews, shoot movie footage and collect a bunch of stuff to remember the night with, I actually enjoyed myself very much. If you were one of the lucky people there in the audience or in the trendy bar area, then you may well be in my PEOPLE'S ICA blog which is to be found at.. well it WILL be found at a blog address coming to you soon..Alrighty..beware I'm a waffler, but I will try to watch that in this blog. First up for the archive is... drumroll please for..

SLOWCLUB. Yey, Slowclub, we like you.

First supporting act of the night and perfectly in keeping with the sparkly sounds of the Tiny Dancers (who visited them on stage for some extra maraca magic); these two were brilliant. You certainly wouldn't know they've been together for less than a year.. I mean, I surely couldn't come up with such a jubilant combination of melodies, rythms and makeshift sounds in that much time, or at all, clearly. Lets hope that there first visit to the ICA will not be the last..
Pretty in pink, here are some Seventies inspired pictures of Rebecca during her set.. Sorry about the ones I took of you afterwards Charles - I know it can't be much fun having someone snapping at you backstage after your performance workout, but then, you did say the frown was your natural expression, so now the fans know it! For more details on this peachy pair, check out, www.myspace.com/slowclub.





And then it was Bobby Cook rocking out for the fans.. This lot raised the energy levels a treat, and judging by the animated focus on Mr Cooks face, I'd predict this won't be the last you'll be seeing of him and his crew. Check out http://www.myspace.com/bobbycookmusic for more information.. Plus there latest album 'Gone So Far' is available for download on ITUNES right about now.. I'm chasing these boys up for a wee ICA style interview so watch this space for that little addition..






And last but not least The TINY DANCERS themselves..
I really enjoyed this hippy happy set. Full of catchy songs to captivate the audience these boys all played together as a real band. The unity shown on stage was by no means lost on everyone else and having had SLOWCLUB joining them, the audience then joined them and then they joined the audience and.. well that's alot of joining.





What I'm trying to say is, not only was their music hot, their personalities rocked it too and the gig was about good times... Polaroid and pants included...


They even had good things to give us like badges.. and signed a TD flyer for us too.. Thank you !



But but but, please do not be misconstruing happy for silly - these dancers are musical indeed and I really applauded David Kay for his transformation into a front man with that certain something else... I like the picture of David I caught just before the gig. A charming almost vulnerable young one - who then transformed himself into a serious performer where 'Tiny' bore no meaning. >
The last one's very Bowieesque.. Reminds me of The Secret Public exhibition that is on at the ICA right now which I managed to wiggle my way into that night.. Worth a look if you're passing through town - even if it's just to have SOUL LOVE being played at you by Bowie, one of my all time favourites actually.. But now I'm getting sidetracked.. where was I? Basically, big applauds to David, and
..the whole Tiny crew..
In order we had the Tiny Dez, sing loud sing proud!...
The Tiny Ev..
The Tiny Moz... and an even smilier Moz...

And last but not least, The Tiny Glover..
Got some good ones of all of you.. And the posing by the graffitti wont go forgotten on this blog boys, the kind of thing that warrants a westside 'pose out, man'..


Good luck and may it be a hippy happy summer of festivals and love for all of you !

No comments: